Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Damn computers!

I am having trouble getting logged in to anything here... in this new Internet Cafe/florist...
I think it may be because the the keyboard is really old... it is missing all the letters so they have been put on with stickers. Either way it is annoying coz i have to send away for a new password. ¨FOrgotten your Password?¨ it talks to me like a fool in SPanish . Of course not! I reply, I log in once or twice a day... no addict f0rgets a password.
The problem now lies in that I don´t know the password to my email address i created when I was at the prime of cool, aged 13.

I now change internet places daily coz my usual ripped me off and was rude to me, after being her best customer for 2 weeks!
My other one, where the family also parks their truck, is good when the man is on, but when the lady is there she likes to charge me OVER double. Boy, am I sick of being a tourist!

It´s fun being a internet nomad. Now I don´t have a TV i am finding myself stuck in this weird place where I know I will fail at sleeping but don´t have the energy to read or study and so just end up eating, or looking for my next internet cafe (a term which confuses Mexicans, coz then think Internet is also a coffee flavour).

SIde note: There was something about over eating my last blog that worried 50% of my readers, aka la madre, or RA, or Rosie, which she claims she was at some point called. To clarify: I actually think I eat less than norm.. I have changed patterns in which I have breakfast, go to school , have some crackers then after school at 3-4 I have a whopper of a meal (don´t sue me burger king aka Nelson Fish and Chippy... my email was ignored but I can´t wait to boycott
... it´s easy to boycott from here obviously...) and then have a tortilla with beans in the night. I think everyone expects me to still be on NZ meal times, but I´m pretty much a Mexicana now. When in Oaxaca, do as oaxacans do (minus the worms and crickets).

Or do as my teacher this week did, which is eat 24-7. He eats all through both halves of class, then goes outside to get two other meals from the cook at the school.... but enough about him or I will resort back to my weird pulling out eyebrows/lashes habit I had in 2004.

I just finished reading a book called ´Avoiding Prison and other noble vacation goals´ or something similar. I kind of presume it was vacation coz she is american but it may be holiday.
I really liked it... I think because I felt that she is EXACTLY like me. It kind of spooked me out... the way she talked about her relationships with the fam and her humor... I felt that I was living what happened and found myself very attached. It is mainly set in Costa Rica and Colombia....so it was very interesting. I may have stalked her on Facebook and discovered that she now lives in Bolivia... she speaks fluent spanish (DAMN HER).. maybe she´s me in the future?

I forgot to tell a story last week I believe, when I watched a lady get her leg stuck in a drain.. AHH it was so awful. I felt a mix of emotions because men were running around all over the place trying to get help... I need to tell the story in depth though and now, well - I realised that I left a pot of water boiling (don´t wuz, it was low and I am the only one who uses the kitchen) .

I also need to tell about my cooking class, my post-cooking class success and my new MEXICAN friend aka Amiga!
They have also put out snowmen decor for Xmas... Ma, you thought seeing snowmen memoribilia was weird in NZ........

No comments:

Post a Comment