Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Friday, September 17, 2010

200 years!

Well, it was fun! I befriended two Hollanda students, and we ended up talking about Cambodia most of the time .. they had recently visited.
Mexicans are known for having a lot of alcholics because Alcohol is so cheap, but also here they drink Mezcal, which is 45%!! It^is funny though, you never see drunk women....
I woke up with a very sore roof of my mouth because I spent all night snacking on the chips (typical Maria..) but they were REALLY hot (typical Mexican..) so my mouth was all cut up!

Newsflash; I don^t know what it is with young Germans but here, they are NOT friendly!!
I have never been made more uncomfortable in my life with their rude tones, their inability to smile and the constant staring. I yelled a once [Por Favor, Que es tu Problema?[ I was getting so infruiated ... my teacher said that Germans are known as the *Americans of Europe* which I thought was funny.. Americans are known here for being rude, but I think Americans are a lot friendlier than these girls were!
Obviously, it isn{t all Germans, but there were a good 10 of them!

The celebration is an interesting one, it was quite similar to New Years really... they pulled down a screen that broadcasted the parades and large fiestas in other city{s... Mexico City, France, London, Miami... it is a big deal for Mexicans all over the world. Then the TV showed the President do a march and then hang a flag... and when the bell rings they go [Viva Mexico!*.

Yesterday I woke up early and VERY hungry (those stank chips just didnñt cut it!), but the smokers at my residence had taken the lighters for the stove for their own benefits.. anyway, I am glad they did because I walked into town and into the best SMOOTHIE and Sandwhich (aka Torta) shop of my life! Yum, I{, going to go back now.. who knew of all things Mexicans would make INCREDIBLE sandwhiches! Well they do...you know people know how to make good sandwiches when they make a kick-ass Vegtarian one... Salsa, peppers, cheese, onion, avocado... more... anyways, the smoothie was a banana berry with honey and cinamon.. I played it safe but I want to try all the flavours! I hung around the same square again.. it{s just so neat there.
Then I went to the Cathedral - Santo Domingo. Boy, is it pretty! It is mostly gold. I don{t know if it is still a practising Caterdral but it isn{t actually that big so with A LOT of people in it, including Tours with Spanish, English and French - it was more of an attraction then a church.

Next door there is a cultural museum, which I want to visit. I need to get a school ID, and then all those Museums and attractions are free! I am visitng some of the most famous this weekend (unfortunately I don{t have an ID yet, I only found out on Wed that i have to go get a photo of myself printed in a store.. and all was closed y-day) anways, I will probably have to pay this weekend.. dang. But more importantly, tommorrow I am planning to go to Monte Alban, which is some stone ruins.. and then on Sunday I am going on a school excursion, and we are going to see a tree.. I think it is the oldest in Mexico? Not too sure... but it has an attraction! And then we are watching women weave quilts?? I am not actually sure, but I sign up for everything coz I am way over enthusiastic. Speaking of which, I was the only person at the party donning an eye mask, a light up flag, a small windmill and small studs all in the Mexican colours.. the actual Mexicans didn{t even make the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment