Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Continued...

I told Amanda 4pm on the first day of classes (I finish at ") so I ended up walking home. It isn{t far, but after I got out of the Tourist area all the streets looked quite similar. I couldn{t remember (and still don{t know) which street John lives on... it is one of the streets named after a Latin American country (the whole neighbourhood is... Brasilia, Panama, Colombia etc) It might be Bolivia acutally... or Brasil...
Anyways I did that joyous thing where I stumbled across it. I stopped to look around and realised I was outside the neighbours house! Muy bueno.
That evening we trouped out to Amanda{s casa with her bff Malie (pronounced like that awful Hannah MOntana, but is actually HAWAI{IAN wooo). Malie is actually Mexican and African American and her biological African American father grew up thinking he was white because the family was llight skinned and green eyed.. it wasn{t until he was a teen that he learnt about his race.
There is a book about this and movie on his families story and boy am I going to read that!

Amanda{s house is actually 45min to an hour away from PUerto Vallarta, and I actually learned a few days after this initial trip that it is actually in a different state... crazy I know! But so exciting. So in my first day I accidentally hit up 2 states.
Amanda{s house is in La Cruz... I will try and post a map.
Here it is below - PUerto Vallarta is in JALISCO which is on the right toward the bottom (on the coast) I RED and La Cruz is in light blue in NAYARIT.

got to get back to class... lunch is over

No comments:

Post a Comment