Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The OC

Amanda{s house is straight out of the OC.
Each hour I find something new and crazy about it. It has my dream indoor-outdoor flow and is beautifully tiled. The kitchen is so indoor-outdoor there isn{t even a door, just a big round arch.
Now would be a good time to explain that they have very high walls with alarm fences, a huge BelAir gate and two police dogs.

I will take pictures of the outside with their permission because it is straight out of home and garden. SPeaking of which, if you are middle-class or above here you are expected to have a housekeeper. It isn{t a snob thing, it{s a supply a livelihood thing. There are also personal gardeners and pool cleaners. Nuts!

The downstairs level of their house is just Amanda{s room, her living room with a pool table, lounge set and large tv.... and then the guest room where I am temporarily staying. It has two queen sized beds and a spacious bathroom. TV too - the Telenova{s here are hil ar i ous and make Shortland St look like quality acting-writing-producing all round good show. The one I watched the other night has Enrique Inglesis singing the opening song.. big money in these shows.

Anyways, We went to a resturant around the corner from her house that Amanda thought was tacky but I thought it was brill. Exactly how I expected a restaurant in Mexicana to be - PiƱata decor, forrest green walls. Apparently though it is abnormal - set up that way for tourists.
You can see into the so-called kitchen which was just lady preparing food on the trolley. It was only us and a familia there and the food took over 30 mins so I doubt they could handle it busy .. there were about 70 seats in it.
OH Holy, the best part is.... I can{t believe I was talking about the decor.. It is run by DRUGLORDS so there was a shoot out there a few years back!
No wuz, that is all over now, apparently it was a fight over territory. I know.. brilliant stuff. There were grenades thrown and everything. Malie assured me that only people involved get killed.
LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment