Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dallas etc,.

OKay, I forgot this from last time but I saw a semi-famous person in the LA airport.. he was an actor, not a big one but a minor one... I do not know what he is off... not too famous... I will work it out.

Also there was a body of a fallen sailor (aka killed in war) on the plane from LA to Dallas which I found very sad. There was a man and woman in full uniform (and 1st class) that were accompanying the body home. I didn{t look as it left the plane (we were grounded for about 20 mins so they can unload it and take it to the next flight)... These 30-odd women behind me were saying really disrespectful stuff -I found the whole thing really sad.

Dallas is the best airport I{ve ever seen. Although Bangkok is pretty amazing, and Napier also...
Dallas was like a city or something... there are like 5 huge terminals and you get on an amazing train mono-rail thing to get from one to the other... ah. maz. ing.
The Qantas guy in Auckland gave me tickets as far as Dallas, but didn{t give me my last ticket...
The flight to Dallas was a Qantas flight apparently, but operated by American Airlines (who DOMINATE over there I{ve learnt)... but I guess wasn{t responsible for the Mexico one... anyways I went to the desk all lost going [I don{t know where I am meant to be and got a fabulous 65ish African American Texan woman who was [I{ll help you darrrlin[
calling me saweety so that was fun. Turns out the whole Qantas/American Airlines thing was flawed because they both had me registered, so I had two separate tickets on the plane.
She printed out my return ticket in a fun envelope and gave me elabourate instructions for boarding the train to the right Station... then the lady who UV{d my tickets was all askin if I knew how to get there, as was the man who scanned me bags.

part 3 to come... getting picked up again

No comments:

Post a Comment