Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Friday, November 12, 2010

Hola, Hola, es bueno para regresar

It is good to be back in Puerto Vallarta!

For one, I am tired. For two, I like this school better - miss the teachers. 

For three, I have a new appreciation for this place. It is currently not stinking hot, it is not raining in the arvos and nights. The ocean is a nice, chilly temperature. It is more beautiful than I remember... I guess I notice things I did not notice before when I was living here.... plus I do not have an apartment that is killing all my technology and flooding everyday. 

The ocean and the buildings around here are really pretty. Most of them are white, with the same brown tiled roof and window sills. I think when I originally got here I felt ripped off - where the hell is the colour? I thought to myself. Well, i found the colour - in Oaxaca and then San Cristobal de las casas - I am rainbowed out. 

Where are you living? I hear you ask. In the nice apartment that was a replacement for the crap apartment? No. In the crap apartment, with my legs off the floor to avoid swimming? No. 
I am staying in a Hostel. As I was only coming back for 2 weeks, I did the maths and from the average hostel prices I have been at here - it is cheaper than the apartments. 

I also am very cheap, I have trouble spending money... for this reason, I looked on my new fave site Hostel World .com for hostels here. And magic happened. A new hostel, with a opening rate of $8 per night right on the main street  (same as my school) popped out of no where in the short time I was gone. 

Actually, a lot has popped up or moved out in the time I have been gone. Including the other tenants at my old apartment building who left (2 lots) when the landlord was in the states. One bolted without paying... but it is a big, complicated story involving his hair salon he was supposed to open early oct falling through to his online love for 8 years being a scammer who just used him for the access to Mexico (he was Columbian.. I can{t believe this guy was so naive. Columbians are desperately trying to get into the states.. or here apparently). 

Shops have closed, new ones opened and bars are moving all around. There was a completely destroyed shop near my school that they were working on... I thought it would take months.. come back 7 weeks later and there is a fully-functioning OXXO... could not have suprised me with a worse store. 

This is a dairy-small mart that basically sells coffee, coke, chips, cigarettes and other snack stuff - it was responsible for giving me my tubby bug with the STANK nachos and is on EVERY corner.. the central area is quite small here and there must be at least 20 of them. The other day we were going in the car of my teacher, a guy asked - ¨Where is your car? she replied - Outside Oxxo - he said ¨Which one?¨which was funny-coz-true joke... but then we actually went to the wrong Oxxo. Luckily the other one was one was meters away. 

I am quite a hostel fan now, I see myself trying to run one in the future.. I do not know really, but I have come all observant and judging of hostels now. Here it is literally only the 3 staff (2 Brits, one US) and I staying here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment