Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ill - No muy bien

The sick hit me (it apparently does everyone... not being used to bacteria on Veges etc), Don't worry, I haven't been drinking the tap water... But it started mid Thursday, that was probably at its worst... and then my headache was awful in the afternoon and quite bad again on Friday.
Yesterday (Saturday) was the first day I ate 3 meals. Most days have just been one because each day I felt quite uncomfortable, trying to adjust with a trobbing headache, unsettled stomach and stressed eyes.

After lunch, which was cheese and bean Quesedillas, my stomach was upset again, but Amanda gave me some stomach pill (that wasn't actually a drug but just peppermint) so all was well for the main meal (which in Mexico most people eat at 3pm... and just snack twice in the morning and then once at night) which was muy grande buffet that Amanda and her mum Kathy prepared (yes Ma, I did attempt to help, but have very limited skills with their food so just did some grating and stirring).

This is because two of Gerry's (Amanda's dad) friends are visiting from the US (One of which is Italian-American Luigi, so talks like he's in the mafia! He is also 84 but he looks like he's 65.. we can't work it out) but also Amanda's big sister was visiting with her hub and daughter (Natalia, 5..so cute) from Mexico city. I have decided btw that Mexican toddlers are the cutest in the world by the way... Now I think about it, Fijian toddlers are gorgeous too.. and Cambodian... I guess it's that every single one of them is cute, unlike European kids.

Please also excuse my spelling and grammar and key use etc on most the messages, I have been typing really fast - most of them at school which has a Spanish keyboard so some keys are different.

I finally worked out how to get wireless back on my computer. I spent hours in NZ fiddling around on the desktop, turns out it was a physical switch that I had to flick on the bottom of the computer... I wish I had googled it sooner! I can't believe I didn't think of that...

No comments:

Post a Comment