Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Saturday, August 7, 2010

You´re not in Guadalajara anymore Dr Ropata

Kia ORa.

i was going to try and escribe in Español but I am very sleepy.
Today has been the beastyist day ever..it feels like a week really.
It was my largest eating day for a long while and to date, my stomach is not playing up - muy bien.
Guadalajara is SO COOL. It is a short trip place though, you kinda see all you need to in a few days.
Lets have a food diary=
1. Breakfast was great buffet. Luckily with cereal and hotcakes and yogurt and fruit and not just Nachos and various meats. I ate like crazzzyy... the yogurts were v. good, bright pink and bright orange.. I´m thinking strawberry and mango/papaya? i obviously would have taken pix but wierd thing... we are in the same country, the same state even and yet... the powerpoint plugs in the room are differente. So I didn´t have a camera to take pics of the horse and carriage ride (Circa Meet me in St Louis), which I found hilarious because we were on the highway in this carriage, going slower than a man walking beside us!
Anywho I woke early to try and fix this problem ... I hit thestreets at about 8am, knowing in PV there would be a shop with adaptors open at this stage. No success, places open whenever they nothewant really. I then decidedto scrounge the ´hotel´ to see if there was another option.. found one on the 1st floor with the PV holes (I´m stayingon the 3rd) then carried on looking for a better spot. Success came in the form of a plug in the lobby, so I unplugged a light becauseobviously me having a camera takes priority. It wasthen convenientthat I could monitor this plug from my seat at the glorious buffet where I remainedfor about an hour.
Nachos here are different, were a Tex-Mex (which is Texas and Northern Mexican) invention really.
They are healthy chips to start off with..no salt or flava-flav. The sauce is like a thin tomato soup with beans in it potentially (but beans here are all mashed) that they are semi-swimming in. Thee cheese they use on Nachos and on Enchilladas is like goats cheese, so it doesn´t get heated up or melt. This makes vege Enchis muy crappo.
Sour cream is newly entroduced here, people don´t use it on anything - Yogurt is the condiment of choice on Nachos.
When we were done with buffet (NZ $5 btw) oohh Money lesson.
There are 12.5 pesos per AmericanDollar. There is around $1.40 NZD dollar per American money. Confusing!
Especially some times e.g. just before at the market when the lady said Diez y Quince, which I interpreted as $150 pesos when it was 25 and they struggled to get me change.
Then a man wanted $21 pesos for a few postcards and I was thinking they´d be $2 pesos... justecause $21 seemed like way to much... He did actually rip me off but I´m no haggler, my dad would be upset to know.
Okay so fail on the food diary but I will continue later because where we went for for lunch (3pm here) was like the best restaurant I´ve ever been to.

Now that I havwireless on my comp it should be easier to post pics. They only do 5 at a time on this which is crapola.
The wirelessis proving problematic because now it is telling me I must update everything...
Limewire, Adobe, Skype... all the other stuff. Computers suck really.

I will get up pics of Guada too because there isn´t point describing what is already in photos. I just basically wanderedfor quite a bit taking photos. Luckily the battery charge in the lobby was successful, twas a bit awkward retrieving it - multiple elderly ladies were blocking the way, I idn´t want them to have to move so ended up climbing under a table then sliding over the table as they laughed with glee.

I will also talk about my class and my trip around the hood the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment