Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Sunrise, Quinta Roo

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Things I didn't want to see this weeK...

1. I was running down the highway, trying to get off it because there was no sidewalk and just a ditch, and I almost ran into something I did not want to see... a dead and rotting dog. It really freaked me out and saddened me. 

2. People burning plastic bottles all the way to Guadalajara. So frustrating. 

3. There was a heavily pregnant woman wearing a cut off top and short skirt... it was kinda disturbing. 

4. A Rat in my face as I dove into the ocean

Okay I have already forgotten most the list I'd created in my head. I kept going "I don't wanna see that!" which none of you will recognise but Lisa Kudrow says it a lot on her failed show "The Comeback" which I love and own the complete ONLY season if anyone ever wants to borrow. 

The other day we went toTequila. It didn't occur to me that it was THE tequila until we were driving in through thousands of Blue Agave plants, which we learnt about briefly at school. 

We toured the Jose Cuervo plant, which was really cool actually. We saw the ovens they cook the agaves in and all. 
We went to a restaurant with a killer view over tequila, and I made the awkward decision to order a medium tequila pizza (which turned out had lots of ham on it... no muy bien), thinking it would be small for like $6. 
It was huge and I was really embarrased, because it came about 20 mins after everyone elses food so everyone else was full and no one wanted any. I ate as much as I could but "took away" 3/4s of it, which is now sitting in the fridge. 

I learnt my street name today on a map (it is written NO WHERE, trust me).. it is JAMAICA!!!
Cool aye? The area are all named after LA countries, it is off Nicaragua. 

I don't really know what to do about speaking Espanol... I am good at the school work but fail at the speaking. I just feel like I'm in a lose-lose situation with no one to talk to. 
Not that I really have the energy to practise. I just walk home and lay down and don't move. I don't have the energy to study because of the lack of food and excessive heat. Getting a bit old. 

Yesterday however, I decided after 2 weeks that maybe it was time to actually swim in the ocean. I ended up walking up around the bays for 3 1/2 hours. I caught the bus back when i found myself up on a cliff and it started to rain... like every night. It got a bit old as I got to a point where I couldn't walk around the rocks and it was bay after bay of private beaches that I couldn't even see from the road. 

The gas is now successfully here and the stomach calmed so I made some quesidillas. The cheese (queso) here is SO good.. It i s like mozzarella without the plastic taste. 
My stomach is weird today because it hasn't been the normal tummy - i'veeatensomethingbad - it was like really painful, and was coming on in different places each time. it made me think I may have some kind of bug in it... it didn't feel normal and was bloated. Currently, it is okay though. 

I am contemplating for some of the time of my stay transferring to the sister school/s in different towns.. especially if I am not speaking enough still... because this is the smaller of the schools, and the others have lots of people. One is in Oaxacca, which is in the mountains, apparently really historic and beautiful. the other is in Playa del Carmen which is purely a tourist town, which is why it attracts lots of students from US/Europe who are holidaying... it wouldn't be soon or for long, but it may be a good way to see more of the country me thinks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment